Upcoming Webinars and other educational opportunities
Cultural Awareness and Competency: We will be working with The Center, a support and resource organization in Utica, NY with over 35 years experience supporting refugee and immigrant communities and with extensive experience delivering cultural competency training. We will offer a 3-part cultural awareness and competency webinar series, the content of which will be transferable to all workspaces and programming.
- Monday, Oct. 2, 2-3PM EST NYS Population Overview and Cultural Awareness Topics
- Monday, Nov. 6, 2-3PM EST Where Does the Ketchup Go: Names, birthdates, Group/Time Orientation, Communication Styles
- Monday, Dec. 4, 2-3PM EST Review of Cultural Concepts, Cultural Factors in Outreach and Service Provision
Choose the Best Program for your Organization: We are working to develop a resource tool that will help you select the evidence-based program best suited for your organization. This will take into account your service community, the resources your organization has available, who you may be able to partner with, and falls prevention program characteristics such as cost, time commitments, target audience served and training requirements.
- Date TBD
Instructor Support Meetings: Ongoing Technical Assistance/Support for TCA and AMOB
Please email email@example.com if you would like to join these meetings.
Upcoming Falls Prevention Program Trainings
- Recruiting: A Matter of Balance Master Trainers
- Please reach out to LHVfallprevention@gmail.com if you are interested in becoming an AMOB Master Trainer
- Recruiting: Tai Chi for Arthritis & Falls Prevention Instructors
- Please watch THIS video.
- If you would like to move forward with the instructor training process after watching the video please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New TCA Instructor trainings will begin in early 2024.